Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Three-Dimensional Line & My First Skype!

978950598_df090e2849_b
In Between, an installation of red strings and nails.
I have a group show that opens this Friday in Kirkland, WA.  I'll be there, so if you're in town please come by and say hi.

Three-Dimensional Line
Curated by Ellen Ziegler for In Lieu Exhibit Space
April 16 - May 28, 2011
Opening Reception: Friday, April 15, 2011, 6 - 8:30 PM 

The Three-Dimensional Line presents eleven artists who amalgamate volume, dimension, scale, emotion and illusion with line in a myriad of ways. This exhibition explores the creation of three-dimensional form in the space of a room or in the mind of a viewer.

In an effort to make sense of the world, the eye and the mind navigate between two and three dimensions, using what are sometimes the barest visual clues. The humor and mischievous play apparent in these works exemplify the power that artists can harness to compel and confound the viewer. A perceptual game ensues; we feel our neurons firing.

ARTISTS
Timothy Brown
Robert Campbell
Diem Chau
Sean Johnson I LOVE HIS WORK! Yo man get a website! :P
Margie Livingston
Jean Lullie
and work on loan by Vija Celmins

Skype Yo!
In other news I have an opening tonight at Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota.  I couldn't be there physically but in the age of technology who needs a body?!  Greg Blair, the exhibition coordinator suggested we use Skype to get me to the opening.  This is my first time using Skype.  We did a test run yesterday and I'm SO HOOKED!  Yes yes... this old lady is behind on the times.
Thanks for introducing me to such fun new technology Greg!  See you tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! This piece reminds me of textiles or small printed fabric. Good luck with the openings and what a great idea about the SKype. I haven't tried it yet either!

SewTara said...

I used Skype for the first time yesterday. My hubby made fun of me "Oh it's only been around for like 10 years. Good thing you tried it right away!"
I'm sure it will all go smoothly, have fun.

Diem Chau said...

Mary- I love video Skype as well. The piece is made of strings tied in knots and hung on the wall.
Sew Tara- haha I know right?! Aren't we dinosaurs.